Part I : Answer the question bellow
1. Ling : Have you submitted the report to the chief?
Lang : I would’ve submitted it by now if I had been able to use my computer last night. The light is off!
Ling : I’ve told you to do it sooner.
- What is the conversation about?
2. Teacher : Please submit your task by the end of this week, and make sure that you did it before 10 o’clock in the morning.
Student : Could we send the task to your e-mail, Sir?
Teacher : I would not forbid you to do so. In fact, it’s an excellent idea.
- What is the instruction about?
3. Receptionist : The Plaza Hotel, Good Afternoon. How can I help you?
Caller : I would like to book a room with a sea view for two nights, please.
Receptionist : Very well, Sir. May I have your name please?
- The caller calls the hotel because he wants to …?
4. Sam : Hi Jack! Are you free this afternoon?
Jack : Maybe. Why do you ask?
Sam : Do you want to play basketball with me and the guys? We’re going to play at the new field.
Jack : Well, I can’t say no to basketball. See you there.
- What will Jack do?
5. Caren : Would you like some drink? I had some orange juice and apple juice.
Monica : Yes, thank you. I haven’t had my breakfast yet, so I don’t think I can have the
Caren : I’ll take the other one for you then. Wait a moment, okay.
- What does Monica prefer?
6. Receptionist : Darlington Car Rental. Can I help you?
Achilles : Yes, please. My name is Joe Jackson. I reserved a car a few days ago.
Receptionist : Yes, we have your reservation. How can I help you, Sir?
Achilles : Well, I am afraid that I have to cancel the reservation. I have to go aboard at the time.
- Why does the man cancel his reservation?
Part II : Reading
On March 19th, I bought 6 cell phones, KIANO K666 Series at your shop in the second floor of The Latest Plaza, at about 2.30 p.m.
Unfortunately, your product has not performed well because some of the phones hung when we use it. I found scratches on the casing as well. I am disappointed at finding these conditions. I bought quite a lot of them and this problem makes me feel concerned. I can’t go to the shop since I have moved to another country.
To resolve the problem, I would appreciate if you could exchange the phone. Enclosed are copies of my records; receipts, guarantees, model and serial numbers are included.
I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait until the end of the month before seeking help from the Better Business Bureau and/or filing a complaint with the Attorney General’s Office. Please contact me at the above address or by phone at 1-22-76886xxx.
7. This letter about?
8. What’s KIANO ?
9. Can you tell the main idea of paragraph 2?
10. What’s Jack Russou want to do?
11. What Jack resolution for his problem?
12. When does he expect to receive their response?
Céline Marie Claudette Dion is a Canadian singer, songwriter, actress, and entrepreneur. She was born to a large, impoverished family in Charlemagne, Quebec. In 1990, she released the Anglophone album Unison establishing herself as a viable pop artist in the world.
Dion had first gained international recognition in the 1980s by winning both the 1982 Yamaha World Popular Song Festival and the 1988 Eurovision Song Contest. Following a series of French albums in the early 1980s, she signed on to CBS Records Canada in 1986. During the 1990s, she achieved worldwide fame after signing with Epic Records and releasing several English albums along with additional French albums, becoming one of the most successful artists in pop music history.
However in 1999, Dion announced a hiatus from entertainment in order to start a family and spend time with her family. She returned to the top of pop music in 2002 and signed a contract to perform nightly in a five-star theatrical show at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas
13. Who is Celine maurie Dion?
14. What’s the text about?
15. Why she so popular?
16. In what albums makes this artist so successful?
17. From the text what Celine Maurie Dion did?
18. What’s the picture telling about?
19. What does Mr.Wolf spend most of his income for ?
20. What is the least important one for him?
Attention to All Passengers of Fantasy Travel, Nowhere City – Transylvania. The train is coming from your left side at high speed. Please step behind the yellow line for your safety. Get your ticket ready and do not come near the train until it is completely stopped. Thank you.
21. What’s the text about?
22. What ravel telling about ?
23. From where to where this train schedule?
24. Give the steps if you want to go by this travel?
25. what a good title for this text?